Our Stroke Support is focused on maximising recovery of stroke survivors.
We offer a one day per week club environment in which we provide:
- An initial review of need in which goals for recovery are set.
- A physiotherapy programme according to those needs and goals.
- Cognitive exercises.
- Friendship and support
- Confidence building
- Social interaction.
In addition we offer opportunities for hydrotherapy (water based exercises)
“There is always someone to talk to who can understand the difficulties you have after a stroke”.
Stroke Support meet in three centres. Woolhampton is our main unit and we also use Newbury Nuffield and Riverside community centre.
All venues operate on a weekly basis with a few exceptions in the year, generally at Christmas and with a holiday period in the late summer / early Autumn.
If you have had a stroke please talk to our Family Support Service team about our criteria for entry.
Periodically, we have special events and outdoor visits:
- In house speakers, Presentations, Slide shows
- Specialist exercises with Tai Chi, Music therapy, Zumba
- Visits, e.g., The Hawk Conservancy, The Gainsborough Stud
- Indoor bowls