Our Family Support Service is our initial point of contact for stroke survivors or their families and carers.
How does the service work?
- We continually monitor the local hospitals for stroke survivors.
- Either, the hospital, you, your carer or your GP can contact us for a referral.
- We will try to arrange to visit you in hospital and/or at home.
- We will offer information, advice and on-going support to both you, your family, and your carer.
- You can choose to join a local stroke group for additional activities and support.
What does the service offer?
- Hospital & home visits.
- Ongoing support in a group setting with trained volunteers focused on recovery.
- Information and advice.
- Practical and emotional support.
- Signposting for access to support groups and services.
“We will listen to your concerns and problems and help you to find solutions that work for you.”